Hi!

Welcome to my Blog, feel free to read my blogs and comment if you want. I hope you'll somehow enjoy it =)

Friday, February 26, 2010

Climate Change

This is my first blog and I would like to share my thoughts and ideas about global warming since most of us in this world is now experiencing it and it is getting worse actually, now my sudden idea for blogging about global warming actually came from my experiences, realizations, what I learn in my education and just wanted to blog. I'm still a college student and I'm not an environmentalist I'm just concern of what the future might bring us if we didn't stop damaging the earth.

This afternoon I rode the LRT going home and while on my way, I saw a lot of cars and the surroundings that is polluted with smoke, this situation isn’t new here in the Philippines which is the country I live and grew up since birth, while waiting to arrive on my destination I realized that I’m not wearing my jacket but only holding it and I remembered almost not wearing it for the whole day. Then I ask myself why didn’t I wear my jacket? The answer is because it’s hot already to wear my jacket, in our classroom which is air conditioned and is usually cold that I need to wear my jacket, but today almost not anymore because it is very hot outside which makes the air conditioner warmer. Before arriving my destination I wore my jacket and then walk for about 150 meter to my home it is hot even that it was already 5pm but I didn’t mind it even that I’m sweating a bit. Arriving home I greeted my mother and quickly put my bag on the sofa then hungrily looking for any food to eat, I saw bananas and strawberries in the table then I decided to make “milk fruit shake” since I was thirsty and hungry. While cleaning the strawberries and setting up the things I needed I was listening to the radio that our maid has turned on and listening to, I heard interviews about someone saying that the El NiƱo which cause droughts and weather problems is getting worse in their area, And they are praying for rains to come and that’s all that I understand and listened to and that also is the start of my realization to blog about it, while cleaning the strawberries I’ve been thinking that hey what if all the strawberries or other crops died because of drought? How can we buy this fruits or other food? And surely the supply will decrease increasing the demand then prices will increase also then crisis will come.

Then after I’m done with my shake, while enjoying my fruit shake I walk to the window looking outside the street and thinking on how can we change and stop the global warming? I have thoughts of why don’t we ride bicycle rather than cars which produce carbon dioxide that traps the heat in the earth? And it is way healthier for daily exercise going to work, school or other places. But of course there are negative with it like slow travelling time, sweating before going to school or work but why don't we take a bath there and of course the question is will other people want to do this, Especially oil companies, car companies and people who are used to riding cars, well today there are already electric cars which are better. Or we can plant more trees or place more plants and place it in our roof top or window. I want to say this before it’s too late for a change and there can be so many effects of what we are doing to our mother earth today like calamities which are happening today that had killed many people and destroy many houses and agricultures that we need.

Now if you are reading this I hope you understand what I want to say, I don’t mean any harm to people who want to produce so much carbon dioxide or any pollution to this world that we are living just for money, I just want to say that we can still change and help the earth even though it will takes a lot of time to recover itself. Just think of the future of our generations, what will they think about us? What did we do to conserve the earth? I hope scientist or inventors would find a way that could help us on decreasing our carbon emission, but we can’t just rely on them we must start with ourselves in every individual person who is living in this world we are one, we are human that is why we must help each other. So that’s it, I hope my first blog doesn’t bored you so much thank you and by the way sorry if I have wrong grammars.

6 comments:

  1. sorry guys this is my first time..so don't expect too much..thank you!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dexter: thanks dex!:D I'm Albert5b btw hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your blog, I can proudly say that it’s a good start to improve and enhance your ability to express your thoughts, ideas, and experiences or to call people's attention. Honestly, i can't compose or write long article like this and having the courage to open the eyes of the people around the world. For that, I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @hero: I'm so thankful to hear that Hero, I didn't expect that other people would appreciate my thoughts and blog even though I'm not that good in blogging and grammars..Now I'm more encouraged to blog again..thank you..:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome! i love to read blogs but the sad part is i don't want to write one^_^ remember, practice makes perfect. keep it up and one thing i'll guarantee you is i'll read all your articles.

    ReplyDelete